Marouane Fellaini explains why his form has improved since Jose Mourinho took over as Manchester United manager
Marouane Fellaini has vowed to
continue repaying the faith Manchester United manager Jose Mourinho has
shown in him - starting with Saturday's Manchester derby.
The Belgium international came to personify Louis van Gaal's
lethargic style of play at United last season, bearing the brunt of the
criticism levelled at the Dutchman's side.
Fellaini, however, has since experienced something of a renaissance
following Mourinho's appointment at Old Trafford, playing every minute
of United's four competitive games in the heart of midfield.
And, with the 172nd derby with neighbours Manchester City on the
horizon, Fellaini is intent on utilising the confidence Mourinho's trust
in him has created to silence his doubters.
"Louis van Gaal trusted me, I played a lot of games. This season,
though, I'm playing in my position and I feel the trust of the manager,"
he told Sky Sports.
"He has given me confidence and I
will give everything. [Mourinho's faith] has had a big impact on me
because when someone trusts you 200 per cent you have to repay that."
Fellaini has been a mainstay in Manchester United's midfield this season
Asked
if he was surprised by the amount of game-time he has received under
Mourinho, the Belgian added: "The manager knows my qualities, he knows
what I can do.
"He spoke to me on the first day when I arrived back from holiday and I have worked hard like I do every time.
"I
don't need to explain myself, all the managers I've had know my
quality. I'm here today and I'm trying hard like I always do to give my
best on the pitch."
Fellaini scored in United's 4-2 victory over City in April 2015
Signed from Everton for £27.5m in 2013,
Fellaini will embark on his seventh top-flight Manchester derby when
Pep Guardiola's men make the short trip to Old Trafford on Saturday
lunchtime.
The game sees United boss Mourinho renew his rivalry
with his old adversary Guardiola, adding an extra dimension to the
usually intense fixture.
And Fellaini can't wait to sample the
atmosphere, adding: "Everyone wants to play these games, it's a big
game, a derby and everyone in the world will watch this game so it is an
important game for both teams.
Politics Digest People are complaining about the current price of petrol and the federal government is planning on increasing it . http://punchng.com/fuel-n145litre-no-longer-sustainable-nnpc/ Dollar101 : People are complaining about the current price of petrol and the federal government is planning on increasing it 1 Like 1 Share Re: Nigerians React To The Possible Increase In The Petrol Price Of 145/litre To 152 by Dollar101 ( m ): 7:32am Re: Nigerians React To The Possible Increase In The Petrol Price Of 145/litre To 152 by Dollar101 ( m ): 7:37am More... 1 Like 1 Share
Politics(HOLIDAYS) Digest The Federal Government has declared Monday and Tuesday, Sept. 12 and Sept.13 as public holidays to mark the Eid-el-Kabir. The Minister of Interior, Retired Lt.-Gen. Abdulrahman Dambazau, made the declaration on behalf of the Federal Government in a statement signed by the acting Permanent Secretary in the ministry, Muhammadu Maccido. He enjoined all Muslims and Nigerians in general to support and join hands with President Muhammadu Buhari in his sustained efforts to diversify the economy and progressively accelerate the pace of economic recovery. The minister said that government was aware of the current economic challenges the nation was facing. He assured that that appropriate steps were being taken to address the challenges. The minister said that the Federal Government was working to revitalise the agriculture sector and the “Youth Empowerment Scheme” in Information and Communication Technology (ICT). He said that other areas of priority to go...
Buildings/Architecture Digest Lekki, rich men playground and the envy of the middle class . Have you seen that drama called “Lekki housewives”. When you see these things or do we say façade,next point is cal your estate agent ! But they won’t tell you about this other side of Lekki. The realtors won’t tell you that your greatest phobia is the rainy seasons. They won’t tell you to buy a hovercraft or a kayak once it rains. They won’t tell you that you will need a pontoon to navigate lekki phase 1. These are the few nitty gritty that the rich enjoy. The exclusivity of converting their plots to seasonal river. The rich also cry, I used t watch that soap and I never imagined that I will experience this,until I went to Admiralty for a meeting. Never knew that for you to get pass this street ,you must modify your car so that James Bond will grow of envy . Your car must either be Jeep or any SUV that must have high clearance. Poor me! I went there with this small nasty Japanese...
Comments
Post a Comment